Sunday, July 29, 2012

JANE EYRE

Jane Eyre is a 2011 British romantic drama film directed by Cary Joji Fukunaga and starring Mia Wasikowska and Michael Fassbender. The screenplay is written by Moira Buffini based on the 1847 novel of the same name by Charlotte Brontë. The film was released on 11 March 2011 in the United States and 9 September in Great Britain and Ireland.


I am a HUGE Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte fan!  Ever since reading this book as a child, I loved it.  I believe it was my first love story that I have ever read.  I didn't understand in fullness the darkness that plagued Mr. Rochester but I was enamored by this story. 


The director,Fukunaga, had a great vision for this movie.  He gave it a sophistication and a elegance to this film.  I really enjoyed it.  Mia Waskikowska: I am amazed by her maturity in her acting.  She is choosing films that stretch her.  (Kids are All Right, ALice in Wonderland, The Girl with a Dragon Tatoo)  Michael Fassbender received nominations and even won awards for his depiction of Mr. Rochester.  Waskikowska nominated but didn't win.  They were not nominated for an oscar nor was Fukunaga nominated for best director but what do I know.   


Love this film!!!  


3 out of 4 



No comments:

Post a Comment