Sunday, July 29, 2012

Something Borrowed


Something Borrowed is a 2011 American romantic comedy film based on Emily Giffin's book of the same name, directed by Luke Greenfield, starring Ginnifer GoodwinKate HudsonColin Egglesfield, and John Krasinski.

There are a few snippets of this movie that are good and funny.  But only a few,  and the rest of the film was TERRIBLE.  For me, it was the core of the film.  Ginnifer Goodwin's character sleeps with her best friend's fiancee and they try to cover it up until they find the courage to hurt  Kate Hudson's character, the best friend and fiancee.  No matter how annoying and self-centered they wanted Kate Hudson's character to be so that you could find an ounce of sympathy for  Goodwin's character,  you just can't. Colin Egglesfield , the male lead... I don't know where he came from but choosing him to be a lead didn't seem like a good decision.  I don't know.  I went back and forth.  liking him and then disliking him. ( A Tom Cruise without charisma)   The movie was just very soap opera-ish.  I felt really bad for Kate Hudson.  She was too good for this film.  Even though her character was unlikeable, she made her funny and fun to watch.  Ginnifer Goodwin (Mona Lisa's smile, Big love) seems so much better than what she did in this film,  I don't know what it was... her annoying bangs...  her poor chemistry with Egglesfield. The scene where she and Hudson had that sleepover and danced to "push it " by saln-n-peppa and they shared a moment together where you finally realized that  they are best friends, came and went and never returned.

The funniest scene had to be the badmitton scene: 




"What's going on?!"   This made me laugh out loud.

This scene reminds me when me and my BFF  would do dances and film commercials and movie scenes...



2 out of 4

No comments:

Post a Comment