Monday, August 6, 2012

Why I love Netflix...

Before I had kids, I lived at the movies. Religiously, researched upcoming films and followed certain actor/ actresses career.  Befriended other movie buffs.   I was queen of DVR.  Well before DVR, I'd set my VCR and go.  Then I met a boy who didn't love entertainment stuff.  I'd drag him to watch movies after another.  Many times he'd get frustrated at the indie films I'd watch.  When I'd purchase tv series, I'd make him watch but he can only watch an episode a day while I can just lay in bed and watch episode after episode from morning to late at night.  I swear, I went in to the wrong line of work.  If I could get paid, watching show and movies, I'd be golden.  Instead, I'm filling prescriptions. humdrum...  anyway, we got married and then we started popping out kids.  I quickly realized even recording all my shows with a  dvr device, I just did not have enough time in the day to watch them all.  I rarely went to the movies so I could no longer  share my up to date analysis of movies to friends and family.   Friends stopped asking me what movie I would recommend because I was just not caught up with current movies and shows.


Now,  I have discovered Netflix.  Netflix is the best.  I love it.  I get to watch streaming shows and movies while I get discs delivered to my house.  I have pride in my queue. I am able to click on movies as they are released in to dvd and now I get to discover  shows.   And now,  I get to discover shows.  Like for instance... I have discovered in past ..

Nip/tuck:  an American drama series created by Ryan Murphy, which aired on FX in the United States. The series focuses on McNamara/Troy, a plastic surgery practice, and follows its founders, Sean McNamara and Christian Troy. Each episode typically involves the cosmetic procedures of one or more patients, and also features the personal and professional lives of its main cast.

The show began in 2003, and the sixth and final season started airing October 14, 2009, and concluded the series on March 3, 2010, with the 100th episode.[2] While the show was initially set in Miami, at the end of the fourth season the practice was relocated to Los Angeles and many of the characters have followed. The show had 45 award nominations, winning a Golden Globe and anEmmy.[3] Series creator Ryan Murphy has said that the medical cases on the show are "100 percent based on fact". (per Wikipedia)
- So witty, so hilarious..  I loved it.  The last 2 season got a little weird but Julian Mcmahon was genius.  

Vampire Diaries: supernatural drama television series developed by Kevin Williamson and Julie Plec, based on the book series of the same name written by L. J. Smith. The series premiered on The CW Television Network on September 10, 2009. The series takes place in Mystic Falls, Virginia, a fictional small town haunted by supernatural beings. The main focus of the series is the love triangle between the protagonist Elena Gilbert (Nina Dobrev) and vampire-brothers Stefan Salvatore (Paul Wesley) andDamon Salvatore (Ian Somerhalder). As the narrative develops in the course of the series, the focal point shifts on the mysterious past of the town involving Elena's malevolent doppelgänger Katherine Pierce (Katerina Petrova), and the family of Original Vampires, all of which have an evil agenda of their own.
- I am embarrassed that I got caught up in this teen show but it's so good. CW manages to get very good looking people who can act well.  I enjoyed it and I'm currently waiting on this past season to stream in Netflix.

Gossip Girl: still embarrassed that I watched this and liked it... It  started off so good but the last season and I"m sure this coming season (series final season)  will be okay...  Starting to get old.  But early seasons are really good.  Love Leighton Meester, she surprises me.  


Walking Dead: 
The series stars Andrew Lincoln as sheriff's deputy[1] Rick Grimes who wakes up after being in a coma to find the world dominated by "walkers", resembling the zombies of George A. Romero's horror movies. He sets out to find his family and other survivors along the way. The Walking Dead premiered on October 31, 2010 on the cable television channel AMC in the United States.[2] Based on its reception, AMC renewed the series for a second season of 13 episodes which premiered on October 16, 2011.[3][4] Two episodes into the second season, AMC announced that the show would return for a third season.[5]
The series has been well received by critics,[6][7] and has received many award nominations, including a Writers Guild of America Award nomination and a Golden Globe Award nomination for Best Television Series Drama.[8][9] The series has also attained strongNielsen ratings, beating various records for a cable series, including receiving 9 million viewers for its season two finale to become the most-watched basic cable drama telecast in history. ( per wikipedia)
-  So good!  EXCITING!

Mad Men: So good

Tru blood:  

Dexter:  So  good

Tudors: Started out so well but turned flat last two season.

Spartacus:Blood and Sand Original with Andy Whitefield.  So good!  The prequel, Gods of the Arena, I felt did not compare but the finale was very good.  I haven't yet seen the sequel to Blood and Sand but I'll let you know when I see it. 
The Killing: 

Downtown Abbey: 

Those are some to say a few...  I know, I'm late to the party but I still got to enjoy them! 






No comments:

Post a Comment